jazzcrank :( unfortunately child abuse is a very bad problem and must be stopped
"A lot of people in our community don't want to believe that child abuse happens in their neighborhoods — but it does."-Shari Pulliam
1) Every day, about four children die in the U.S. because of abuse or neglect, most of them babies or toddlers.
2) For every incident of child abuse or neglect that gets reported, it’s estimated that two others go unreported.
3) Neglect is by far the most common form of child abuse, accounting for more than 60% of all cases.
4) Physical abuse accounts for between 15% and 20% of documented child abuse cases each year.
5) A third of all girls and a fifth of boys are sexually abused by an adult during childhood.
6) 8 out of 10 sexual abusers are someone in the family or someone the child knows.
7) Of kids who have a parent who uses drugs, one in 13 is physically abused regularly.
8) Abused children are more likely to abuse
alcohol and become addicted to drugs, and one third will later abuse their own children.