*** To : Guardian06

TracyMcGibbon
posted: 3265 days ago
There is a war of words taking place in the spotlight. Many people are being upset by this. Can anything be done to stop this? People are making blingees and putting them in the spotlight.
These blingees are mean and disrespectful. People have the right to believe and say what they want but should keep it to themselves.  At least on blingee this place should be peaceful and is not right now! :(
Deleted_avatar
posted: 3265 days ago
With regards to the war of words in the spotlight, it did indeed get out of hand BUT it only started in the first place because of all the religious blingees that are always in the spotlight.

The atheist blingees have been removed, but the religious ones haven't. It should work both ways. May i suggest removing these:

http://bln.gs/b/28g6j8
http://bln.gs/b/28g6n6
http://bln.gs/b/28gv39
http://bln.gs/b/27l3oz
http://bln.gs/b/28gdgy

If atheists can not express their beliefs without being silenced, then it should work the same for everyone. Now, perhaps those blingees above are a bad example since they are not too bad. But I have seen religious blingees in the spotlight before saying things like being gay is wrong. That's homophobic and shouldn't be allowed! I've also seen religious blingees criticising others for celebrating Halloween or Valentine's Day, or saying people who don't believe will go to Hell. Those blingees were in the spotlight for weeks and were never removed, and those are incredibly offensive. 

We should have a right to be gay/bi, or celebrate any holiday we wish without being told that we're wrong or evil for doing so. 
guardian06
posted: 3263 days ago
I have noticed this "war" going on.  At this time I don't think anything will be done to stop it unless it gets too out of hand.  

I think this really boils down to respect.  We don't always have to agree with everyone's opinions but we should respect each other's right to their opinions.  And unfortunately, I haven't been seeing too much respect on here.
  All that being said, I can tell you that this situation is being watched.  And if things get too out of hand it will be dealt with accordingly.

With all the negativity that's going on in the world, why make your time on here one of those negativities?  This site is supposed to be fun. It should be a place to express your creativity.  There's just too many places where hatred to perpetuated...why breed hatred here?

So I would like to start a challenge....I challenge anyone to just make a silly blingee...the sillier the better ;-)

lumi-anime-girl:  I just checked the Spotlight blingees and the Athiest blingees have not been removed from the Spotlight.  As with all the other blingees they'll get pushed back when people add new blingees to the Spotlight.
Deleted_avatar
posted: 3263 days ago
They have been removed not only from the spotlight but they've actually been removed from blingee. Well some of them anyway.

I agree that there shouldn't be arguments or hatred here, but it really does feel like one group is allowed to get away with more than the other. This is the first time an all out war has happened on the spotlight, but for a long time i've felt this sense of discrimination on blingee. This just confirms it. 
guardian06
posted: 3262 days ago
I think how this started was somebody thought that this was a "Christian" site.  I know it was explained to the person that this was not a Christian site or any other kind of religious site.

My own personal opinion is that I don't think people should cram their views down someone else's throat.  Besides, that is not a productive way in getting someone to agree with  you.  If anything, it pushes them further away and makes them resentful.
Deleted_avatar
posted: 3262 days ago
I agree. I don't know how they came to think it was a christian site but even after it was explained to them, they carried on and they continue even now  to push their religious beliefs on everyone else. As you rightly said, it doesn't make people agree with you it just makes them resentful.

I believe this is how it started. Blingee members who are atheists saw all of these religious blingees and felt the need to fight back. The only problem is how the situation is being dealt with. The person who started it hasn't had any of their blingees removed, but the atheists have. That will just make the atheists even more resentful and makes them feel like they are being discriminated against. 

I myself have felt like there has been discrimination on this site for a while now. For example, a while ago I noticed a huge amount of blingees being entered into the anime contest that were not actually anime. When I pointed this out and suggested having moderators to moderate the contests I was blocked from voicing my opinion in this group by the blingee-team on my other account. 

It feels to me like if you are an atheist, or like anime then you are not allowed to express your opinion. If you are anything else then you can get away with breaking blingee rules. That's how it feels to me at least. 
birdtoes
posted: 3261 days ago
Wow - there are so many religions - so many belief systems - and some of the people who follow these religions/belief systems are convinced that their particular belief, whether  (to name a few) Christian, Muslim, Mormon, Bahai, Moonie, Atheism, Hinduism, or a fringe cult, is the true one. Just a thought - imagine if everyone made a Blingee about how their particular belief system is the true one. Heads would spin - or the whole "war" would be negated.  Just a thought...
haileyjune8
I haven't really paid attention to the Spotlight all that much, because all there has been lately is normal pictures. I haven't seen of any religious-bashing pictures on the site yet, but I'll have to look closer at this issue. 
Deleted_avatar
I think it's more or less died down now. I haven't seen any more atheist blingees being added, and there doesn't seem to be any new religious ones added either. 
tgrams_shebes
posted: 3256 days ago
On a whole new topic. I am wondering why so many of my blingees put into competition are remaining unranked, constantly. this is weekely. I have one particular blinging that has for weeks remained unranked no matter what catagory I put it into. there nothing wrong with it, in fact I believe it to be quite beautiful. what is going on with blinging? 
guardian06
posted: 3254 days ago
Hello tgrams_shebes,

I'll see what I can find out for you.  Could you post the link to your blingee on here please?

Deb :D
haileyjune8
posted: 3254 days ago
I'm glad that it died down. It wasn't pleasant for anyone except for those in the religions.
TracyMcGibbon
posted: 3223 days ago
This offensive blingee was in the spotlight. Can you please have it removed from the spotlight or have it deleted? Thank You! ☻

http://blingee.com/blingee/view/135244754-Sweet-Atheist?offset=9&;list_type=1040

In the Spotlight

Merry Christmas

created by: beba_zo

Put your Blingee here!