IMPORTANT! Is anyone else having this problem?

ChibiJenova
posted: 3243 days ago
Hello Blingee-users.

I've been having this problem when I'm on Blingee for the past few days, whenever I'm looking for stamps or looking at other users blingees ect. I very often keep getting this message saying that 'The connection has been reset'. I use 'Mozilla Firefox' Here's the full message:

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I've checked my internet connection and that's fine and my internet security isn't blocking me from Blingee, so could mean that the Blingee site could be having problems. I've tried Internet Explorer and it brings up a similar message. I'm not having this problem on any other websites only Blingee. I'm starting to get frustrated, though weirdly I tried going on Blingee on my Ipod Touch and I'm not having this problem at all on it, but I can't make blingees on my Ipod Touch and also navigating Blingee is a pain on my Ipod Touch.

Is there any way I can fix this or is it something that the Blingee Team can only fix? Is anyone else having this problem? Please help me! I would really appreciate it.
guardian06
posted: 3242 days ago
Hello ChibiJenova,

Who is your internet provider?  I ask this because I keep getting "webpage cannot be displayed".  And I know it's my stupid internet provider, Clear.  Apparently, they're not going to be a provider after November.  And any devices we have by them will no longer work after November.
Every single day and MULTIPLE times a day I keep getting the message: "webpage cannot be displayed".  I know it's not my laptop.  It's definitely on Clear.  It's quite obvious they don't care but they do care about continuing to get their money every month!!

Now that I've rambled on long enough....I have one more question to ask you.  Does your problem only happen on this site? 
ChibiJenova
Hello guardian06. Thank you for your reply.

I live in the UK and my internet provider is 'Virgin Media'. 'Clear'? I've never heard of that internet provider, I assume it's from outside of the UK?

It's only on this website that I have this problem and I most times use my laptop to go on Blingee. I tried using my Ipod Touch to go on Blingee to see if I would encounter the same problem and I didn't have any connection problems on my Ipod Touch with Blingee. 

I think this problem might have something to do with my laptop. I tried removing Blingee-Plus from my laptop and reinstalling it to see if there was any difference and it didn't work. Though not long ago I tried something else to see if it would resolve the problem and I think it might be working or it could just be a coincidence, I made a blingee custom page on Search Canvas because in the past whenever I've had problems with Blingee-Plus many times the problem seemed to be that I didn't create a custom page (I haven't made a custom page in a couple of months and I thought why not) and that prevented me from making blingees. So now Blingee seems to be working like it should be, but I'll give it a few days just to make sure. Weird that the possible solution is to make a custom page.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your interent provider guardian06, are you having this problem with all the websites you go on?
guardian06
Let me know if the problem comes back.  I'll see if I can find a solution for you.

As for my internet provider, Clear, it is in the US.  I just need to find another IP.  The one I have now obviously doesn't care anymore.  It's just very frustrating.

Hope all is well with you :D

Deb
eggerssarah
posted: 3229 days ago
No i havent had that problem, there may be something wrong with your internet. i know sometimes when there is a bad storm or something that my internet will act funny.
theresa83708
posted: 3225 days ago
I haven't had that problem, but making blingees have been a pain
ChibiJenova
posted: 3224 days ago
Hello guardian06. :)

I'm sorry for not replying back earlier. I was meaning to, but I kept forgetting.
The solution that I thought that worked turned out in the end to stop working for me after a day, but after a few days of trying to figure out my problem I had finally solved it. The problem was with a Mozilla Firefox and an add-on settings, once I had ajusted the settings everthing started working like it used to. I'm so happy I fixed it, I thought I may never make blingees again. Now I'm planning on making my next blingee, I probably won't make it until this weekend or sometime next week, I take my blingee-making preparations very seriously! Hahahaha! XD

In the Spotlight

Merry Christmas

created by: FaINAS

Put your Blingee here!