TIPS FOR MAKING STAMPS

1 | 2 |
myates7
posted: 5209 days ago
STAMP MAKING TIPS

I have been doing a lot of experimenting with stamps and learned a lot in the last month. I use Adobe Photoshop. I just love the semi-transparent stamps and I kept asking everyone, but didn't get much help until I figured out they have to be saved in PNG form. If you take a background out and have just a transparent background, GIF is ok, but it doesn't work for transparent edges or transparent stamps. I've been using the eraser tool on 100% opacity to take out backgrounds and then changing the opacity to 25% or less and erasing the edges until I get what I want. Sometimes I set it to 5% and go over it several times and save several versions of it in case I mess it up. (See the stamps http://blingee.com/stamp/view/3801789-Gabriela-myates7 
http://blingee.com/stamp/view/3797814-Gabriela-myates7  
http://blingee.com/stamp/view/3787412-Gabriela-myates7

When you get an image off the Internet, check the image mode first and make sure it is in RGB color and not indexed. You will have to change it to RGB because you can't do much with indexed. Blingees are indexed.  When you save anything make sure you use the correct format because they give you so many options.
JPEG- for non transparent pictures
GIF- for transparent background pics or animations
PNG- for transparent and semi transparent pics
 I get in a hurry sometimes and forget. Jpegs are good for background pictures that have no transparency. You can reduce the image size easily with them. My photos are usually too big in size for blingee (they have to be 5 megabytes or less) so I have to reduce them to medium or less. I like to make square Blingees so I often crop a picture and make them 6 inches by 6 inches for blingee. The pixels must be 600 x 600 or it will be small. Gifs are good for stamps with transparent backgrounds and for animated pictures.

myates7
I'm still learning how to make animations and use lunapic.com for most of them. It's great for quickly taking a background of one color out too. I fill in the background with a bright color that is not in the picture because lunapic takes out all of that color. When I make a word stamp from another site and they have their logo on the bottom, I take it to lunapic and draw over the logo in a different color and then make it transparent or I cut it from the stamp. If you cut too much it sometimes messes up the animation. 
   I scanned some wrapping paper and saved a square of it and then went to hue/ saturation under the image in adobe Photoshop and increased the saturation slightly and changed the hue slightly. Save that and then change the hue again. Make about 8 different hues and save them (It's easier if you save them all in one folder just for this project and name them something like "wrap paper1", wrap paper2, etc). You can upload them individually as stamps to blingee or animate them by taking it to lunapic. Lunapic has a place under the upload button where you can upload several of them at once and animate them in one step. See my stamp.  http://blingee.com/stamp/view/3795202-animated-candy-cane-myates7
You can also use the kaliedescoper under animations to make a cool background. After you make one you have to resize it to 500 X500 pixels or 5X5 inches to fit blingee. Then save it to your computer to upload to blingee as a stamp.
http://blingee.com/stamp/view/3864314-animated-hearts-myates7

myates7
TO SAVE IMAGES FROM THE INTERNET
Much of the images on the internet is not copyrighted and in public domain. To copy it to your computer, right click on your mouse over the picture and choose save picture. Then copy it to a folder on your computer. It really helps if you make folders for certain things like fairies or landscapes in your pictures to find them easier. I have hundreds of thousands of images on mine. One folder is just for blingee with many subfolders in it. If you find a picture you can’t right click on such as a flashplayer image or a video you can save it by hitting “ctrl” (control) and hold it down and hit “prt sc” (print screen). This puts the image in your clipboard. You then need to take it to a photo program (such as Photoshop) and open a new document and paste the image in it. You can also paste them into a new word document and save several images to edit later. Be sure you save it. You will have to crop out the extra stuff. Some images are smaller and need to be sized up.  An image has to be at least 300x200 pixels and a resolution of 72 DPI (dots per inch) or above to not get pixeled out. (Squares in your pic)

myates7
ABOUT COPYRIGHTS
 If an image is copyrighted it is better not to use it. You can save them for your own use, but don’t reuse them without the owner’s permission. You can get sued.

If you have any other questions about stamps I will try to answer them.
Here are some good websites for free stuff and photo editing:

WEBSITES for PHOTO-EDITING:
www.Lunapic.com is the best.
www.aviary.com
Photobucket now has a very good photo-editing program through fotoflex. The cartoonize makes great animes from real pictures.
TO GLITTERIZE a picture: http://www.glitterbase.com/
NAME STAMPS and words: can be made from these websites: 
textanim.com
blinkingtextlive.com
glowtxt.com
cooltext.com
pookatoo.com
mytextgraphics.comhttp://blog-citi.de/glitter-text-generator

Adobe Photoshop is expensive, but if you do alot of photo-editing of your own photos, or like to create your own artwork or stamps, it is worth it. There are free "brushes and patterns" that can be downloaded into photoshop. These make great stamps too. I found a really nice wing brush that I used for fairy wing stamps. http://blingee.com/stamp/view/3890391-black-wing-myates7
 There is also Corel photoshop and it too has a 30 day trial version and is expensive.  If you have a friend with photoshop, maybe they can let you borrow theirs.  I got Adobe photodeluxe years ago for free when I bought a scanner and it was on the setup disk.  It is a good program, but is limited.  There are free programs on the internet that can be downloaded such as GIMP. Go to Google to find free programs.

Where Can I Find a Free Download of Adobe Photoshop?
Answer: Adobe Photoshop is not free, however, you can download a fully-functional 30-day tryout version of Photoshop from Adobe.com. If you wish to continue using the software after the free trial period, you will need to purchase it. 
If the cost of Photoshop is too much for you, consider Photoshop Elements instead. Photoshop Elements offers about 99% of the functionality of Photoshop at about a sixth of the price, and was designed to meet the needs of most non-professionals who will never use many of Photoshop's advanced features. A free 30-day trial version of Photoshop Elements is also available for download from Adobe.

Please feel free to add any helpful tips you have!!
lovely_tara
Thanks these are great tips !
GrimmaBlackheart
Thank you for these tips! They are awesome. 
I have already been using Lunapic for months now, and it feels great to make my own stamps!
There are some things I can't do with it that I need Photoshop for, I might try and get PS in the future. Thanks for the links to the text Generator sites those really helped with text for my name signature.
guardian06
posted: 5207 days ago
Don't forget about GIMP. You can download GIMP for free and it's 100% safe! Just go to GIMP.org.
Also, if you need help with making pngs or gifs
you can always go to YouTube. Just type in the tutorial you're looking for and before you know it, you'll be making those wonderful gifs and pngs!!
allicee
awesome tips girls, thanks ♥
tfm448
GREAT TIPS AND YOU CAN ALSO MAKE GIFS AND PNG FILES IN MICROSOFT PICTURE IT IF YOU HAVE THE PROGRAM. T.
pink542
wow, that was REALLY helpful. isn't Photoshop REALLY expensive, though?
ilsabailey
posted: 5206 days ago
WOW you are the BOMB do you know how many people are hating on you right now. LOL You have shared sooooo much helpful information. I can't wait till my computer will let me do more then just read and write. My blingee http://bln.gs/b/1qq71s is no joke. Thank you sooooo very much for sharing this with us. GOD Speed 
wiccanmommy
posted: 5204 days ago
what is the best version of photoshop to get?
guardian06
@ wiccanmommy: If you're talking about Adobe Photoshop then I would have to say CS4.  Of course there are other photoshops. So I guess that would depend if you have Vista or Windows XP or whatever else.
Tuckahoe1
@guardian06 How easy is Gimp?? And what can you do with it, the features?? I am looking at it but if it is hard to use I don't want to download it.. Thanx!!
pink542
yeah, i downloaded Gimp and it's REALLY confusing.
1 | 2 |

In the Spotlight

Valentinstag am 14.02.2023

created by: wilfried1947

Put your Blingee here!