10 years of Competitions!

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
blingee_team
posted: 2267 days ago
We recently passed the 10 year anniversary of our first competition on Blingee.com. Yes, 10 years! That's 8.5 thousand competitions, with 12.5 million entries of your amazing Blingees! Such big numbers on our little site are quite humbling, thank you to all of you who participate every week.

Blingee has significantly changed over the last decade, from a "Myspace-glitter" site, we evolved into an artistic community, but our offering of competition themes has not reflected that evolution. Today when the new round of competitions starts, we will not be renewing many of the competitions that now see less engaging content.

Additionally, to prevent abuse and to make sure the best Blingees shine through, Blingees will now only be entered into a single competition at a time, and any user will only be able to enter 5 Blingees per competition.

If your favorite competition is no longer available, or if you would like new competitions to be added, we encourage you to create and enter challenges. Challenges enable you to compete around the topic of your choice, define a flexible set of rules, moderate entries, and have fun voting... it doesn't get any better than that :-).

Enjoy the new round of competitions and challenges! 

Bling On,

The Blingee Team
guardian06
I definitely like the new change to the competitions.
I've always thought that there were too many competition choices to choose from.  It can get overwhelming.  So I gladly welcome this new revision ;-) 
shwetashweta
That's nice
And congratulations on 10th anniversary
But where is best couple blingee competition?
You must continue it..
If you want to stop then you may stop anime or goth competition etc.
But not couple competition...
dreamgirl54
posted: 2266 days ago
That's nice
And congratulations on 10th anniversary
But what about the seasons (winter, spring, summer) Couple & best friends and also
animal lovers. I will miss it all !!
asildefou
I think that with this changing, we will have all styles of creations in artistic competition! more than before : funny, girl, boy, baby, season,and so on!!!so it should be better to keep seasons compétition!!
diptishree
Yes I know that creating and entering challenges are very good and I really love how we can mention our own rules, styles, stamps...

But...

It takes "40" credits to create....can you PLEASE reduce it from 40 to 20 or 25....most of the days I don't get time to open my laptop and get 2 credits daily....so, instead of 20 days, it sometime takes 40 or 50 or even 80 days for me to collect 40 credits... THAT'S WHY....

PLEASE....JUST MAKE IT 20 CREDITS FOR CREATING CHALLENGES....
TracyMcGibbon
Happy 10th Anniversary! Please bring back the best
pet competition!!! I mostly make cat blingees and now I have no competition to enter them in! I always thought that the best pet comp got plenty of entries! 
patchie3340
posted: 2265 days ago
bonjour, joyeux anniversaire et merci d'avoir créer ce site où l'on peut montrer notre créativité.

Par contre j'ai eu la mauvaise surprise de voir la moitié des catégories pour les compétions de supprimées. 
Et suis bien déçue de votre décision. J'espère que certaines catégories reviendront.

Bonne journée.

https://bln.gs/b/29d2vg
mariefrancoisebastien
bonjour joyeux anniversaire 10 ans sa ce fêtes merci encore que le site et encore la j'adore ce site pour nos creativite continue bonne continuation pour le site blingee bonne journée
mariefrancoisebastien
pour les defis pouriez vous changer et passer a 20 credits merci d'avance bonne journée
RedHeadsRule
Happy Anniversary, BT! Boy, it will be very interesting to see how these alterations to the comps change the outcome! I agree that there were some competitions that had so few entries it isn't worth continuing. There are always going to be SOME people out there who are sad over losing any comp that you have decided to retire, but they are probably not looking at it through the perspective of the community as a whole. When a comp has so few entries that you are GUARANTEED to get a top 100 badge just by entering it, that comp should probably be retired because there is no longer any real challenge to it and the badges you earn just don't mean as much.
Now, it says in the statement above that we are only allowed to enter 5 entries per competition, but when I entered the comps I was still allowed to enter 25. Is this a change that will be starting next week, or was it a typo? Just a little confused. And, honestly, if it is a fact that we can only enter 5 blingees, that does bum me out a little, but, like I already said, it will be interesting to see how these types of changes affect the outcome. Bummed out or not, I can see how this change is probably better, since I have sometimes gone back 5 years or more to find blingees for some categories that had not already won a badge...

Anyway, thanks for still being here after all of these years, and NOT opting to just shut down all of the comps! Happy Valentine's Day, BT!!! :D
Gloria
Deleted_avatar
Happy 10th anniversary Blingee.com! I'm so glad to see this site and it's community is still going strong. I've been a member of this site for years and it still means so much to me. I hope Blingee will still be here for many years to come.

I think reducing the number of entries to five in a competition is a good idea since otherwise the same people might fill up and spam a particularly contest with lots of entries. 
Deleted_avatar
I feel like they've been shrunk down a bit too much now... I've been wishing for a while that there were actually more competition categories, most notably a video game blingee one and a cute blingee one. 
creating challenges is a viable option, but it costs 40 credits to make one. I don't see a large increase in created challenges because of that. 
mariefrancoisebastien
bonsoir pour les compétion la semaine prochaine on peut en passe st valentin par animal merci d'avance bisous.........♥
guardian06
I have been noticing for quite some time, that the number of entries for some of the competitions have been falling steadily over the past three years.  
So I think this new change has a lot of potential...time will tell.

And those who want to do the competitions that were taken down can always create a personal challenge.

PS. I do like the idea of possibly changing the credits needed for a challenge, from 40 to 20 or 25 credits.  
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

In the Spotlight

film adorer

created by: feecloche...

Put your Blingee here!